Manage episode 331308900 series 2865581
How can we design effectively for stressful situations, like life and death ones? Our guest today is Katie Swindler, design strategist at Allstate. You’ll learn the role of human intuition in high-stress situations, how to use visuals and sounds in life and death design, what situations warrant special design decisions, and more.
- Life and Death Design — Katie’s book
- Allstate — Katie’s place of work
- Rosenfeld Media — Katie’s publisher
- “Sound Icons” — a chapter in Katie’s book
- Sources of Power: How People Make Decisions — a book by Gary Klein
- Thinking, Fast and Slow — a book by Daniel Kahneman
- Humankind: A Hopeful History — a book by Rutger Bregman
- Conflict: How Soldiers Make Impossible Decisions — a book by Neil D. Shortland
- Follow Katie on Twitter
- Follow Katie on LinkedInToday’s Sponsor
This episode is brought to you by InVision. The future of work is not about getting things done in one specific way. The future of work is collaborative, where everyone’s strengths can fuel the entire team. That’s where InVision comes in. InVision brings teams and tools together in one real-time collaborative workspace. From kickoffs to handoffs, InVision makes work more inclusive, creative and impactful. Try it for free at invisionapp.com/go/uibreakfast.
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here’s how.