Manage episode 323329752 series 2865581
How can UX designers position themselves to land the best suitable roles? Our guest today is Sarah Doody, UX researcher, designer and founder of Career Strategy Lab. You'll learn what companies look for when they are hiring designers, tips for crafting your portfolio, creative ways to scope projects before starting, and more.Download the MP3 audio file: right-click here and choose Save As.
- Career Strategy Lab — Sarah’s six month UX career accelerator
- Episode 42: Hiring for UX Positions with Sarah Doody
- Shopify, Gusto — examples of companies who build reputations as employers
- Help! Is There a Cardiothoracic Surgeon in the Room? — an article by Jared Spool on T-shaped professionals
- Don’t Make Me Think — a book by Steve Krug
- Follow Sarah on Twitter
- Follow Sarah on Instagram
- Subscribe to Sarah on YouTube
This show is brought to you by Userlist — the best way for SaaS founders to send onboarding emails, segment your users based on events, and see where your customers get stuck in the product. Start your free trial today at userlist.com.
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here’s how.