Manage episode 269451852 series 2313502
After over a year of (mostly) avoiding controversial topics, Yoel and Mickey dive in to talk about orthodoxy, dissent, and "cancel culture." Does the narrowing of acceptable views make us dumber or does it represent a drawing of new moral boundaries that make us more kind? How does the silencing of dissent lead to self-censoring? Why does it appear like some people are given more permission to dissent than others? Is cancel culture leading to a right-wing backlash?
Bonus: Why was the podcast account suspended from Twitter?
- LINEHOUSE LONDON
- JW CITRUS APA | Gillingham Brewing Company
- Juicy Ass IPA | Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery
- Picnic - Henderson Brewing
- A Letter on Justice and Open Debate | Harper's Magazine
- The Princeton Faculty's Anti-Free-Speech Demands - The Atlantic
- Harper's Letter: Artists and Writers Warn of an 'Intolerant Climate.' - The New York Times
- Opinion | Do Progressives Have a Free Speech Problem? - The New York Times
- How Steven Pinker Became a Target Over His Tweets - The New York Times
- Thread: Since so many claim that cancel culture doesn't exist... / Twitter
- ‘White Fragility’ Is Everywhere. But Does Antiracism Training Work? - The New York Times
- Who Opposes Defunding the N.Y.P.D.? These Black Lawmakers - The New York Times
- On a D.C. street beset by gun violence, calls to fix policing, not defund it - The Washington Post
- 73% of Americans say race, ethnicity should not factor into college admissions | Pew Research Center
- Views on America's Growing Racial, Ethnic Diversity | Pew Research Center
- Large Majorities Dislike Political Correctness - The Atlantic
- The Ezra Klein Show - Free speech, safety, and ‘the letter’ | Listen via Stitcher for Podcasts
- Tech Firms Hire 'Red Teams.' Scientists Should, Too | WIRED
- An Actual Study Asked: Are Women With Endometriosis Hotter?
- Free speech has not been “canceled” - Vox
- Americans tune in to ‘cancel culture’ — and don't like what they see - POLITICO
- Identitarian Deference Continues to Roil Liberalism | by Matt Bruenig | Jul, 2020 | Medium
- Open Lettergate!