Manage episode 295359708 series 2887483
Tribe Sober - inspiring an alcohol-free life!
My guest this week is Molly Watts, a senior living specialist who believes that we can create habits which will lead to a longer and healthier life.
Going alcohol free is a healthy habit which will certainly help!
In this Episode
- Molly was just 13 when she first challenged her mom about her drinking - and talks about growing up with an alcoholic mom
- Her mom continued to drink in spite of going to rehab 4 times - she died from an alcoholic binge at the age of 80
- In spite of witnessing the damage that alcohol can do Molly went on to develop a drinking habit of her own
- She never hit "rock bottom" but she was drinking 3 or 4 glasses of wine every evening which was draining her energy/motivation
- Like many of us Molly had a constant nagging voice in her head about her drinking - was following in her moms footsteps?
- However she worked hard at making a change and now has a "peaceful" relationship with alcohol
- She began to understand that she was drinking as a buffer to deal with emotions - stress and overwhelm
- Molly realised that her drinking habit was in conflict with her passion project which was all about healthy and positive ageing
- She is a self confessed science geek and her key to changing her drinking habit was information
- The more she learned about alcohol the less the felt like drinking it!
- Molly talked me through what happens in our brains when we have a drink - and why we end up with Hangxiety
- She emphasised that there are absolutely no health benefits to alcohol - in spite of what the media tell us about red wine!
- Every time we drink we act as our own "petri dish" - as the alcohol has a different effect
- Molly explained that less than 10% of people who drink too much are physically addicted
- She talked about the DSM and how it examines your relationship with alcohol
- We agreed that the best way to make a change was to get "sober curious" - joining Tribe Sober is a great way to start!
- Join Tribe Sober and we'll put you on a 30 day alcohol free challenge so you can test your dependency
- Membership also gives you access to a wealth of information in the "Members Area" of our website More info Subscription membership for Tribe Sober is just R85 (£4/$6) a month - you can join up HERE
- To access our website click HERE
- If you would like a free copy of our"Annual Tracker" please email email@example.com
- If you would like to come to our Saturday afternoon Zoom Cafe as a guest and meet our community just email firstname.lastname@example.org Episode Sponsor
Book a Discovery Call with me to find out if our membership would help you
Help us to spread the word!
We made this podcast so that we can reach more people who need our help. Please subscribe and share.
We release a podcast episode every Saturday morning.
You can follow Tribe Sober on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and join our Tribe Sober Club on Clubhouse - we are on Clubhouse every Sunday afternoon at 5pm SA time so come join the conversation.
You can catch our FB live on Saturday mornings (11am SAST) and you can join our private Facebook group HERE
Thank you for listening!
Till Next Week