TWiV 958: Pass the RNA and have some venison pi
Manage episode 348128445 series 3313519
The TWiV team reveals a variant SARS-CoV-2 that emerged in deer with deer-to-human transmission, and hybrid virus particles produced by co-infection with influenza virus and respiratory syncytial virus particles.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Dickson Despommier, Alan Dove, Kathy Spindler, and Brianne Barker
Subscribe (free): Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!Links for this episode
- Support MicrobeTV with a Spike t-shirt (Vaccinated.us) with promo code MicrobeTV
- Testing and evaluation specialist (Harris County Public Health)
- Oveta Fuller tribute (YouTube)
- Divergent SARS-CoV-2 in deer (Nat Micro)
- Hybrid influenza virus and respiratory syncytial virus particles (Nat Micro)
- Letters read on TWiV 958
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Dickson – Jazz Project: Vocals Best female vocalists: Ella Fitzgerald/Billie Holiday, Betty Carter Best Male Vocalists: Mel Tormé/Joe Williams/Tony Bennett Brianne – ASV Curriculum Guidelines for Virology Courses Kathy – The Snow Cruiser Alan – Rescuing bats in Ukraine Vincent – Woodpeckers: The Hole Story PBSListener Picks
Florencia – World of Viruses Miguel – Foldscope
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com