218. Raising Capital for or Investing in Private Businesses – Valuation and Structure
Manage episode 356002458 series 3306398
In this Episode we discuss some lessons for companies raising capital and for investors interested in private business investments.
The lessons are based on actual pitches received and the valuation and structure problems that prevent a deal.
· Strategic purchasers vs. financial purchasers
· Strategic purchaser premiums
· Sophisticated investors vs. retail
· Series Financing
· A frame for valuation
· What drove the technology and Canadian cannabis bubbles
· Intrinsic value vs. strategic value