Manage episode 299058678 series 126597
You know what sucks? Well lots of things I guess, but in dentistry one of the many things that sucks is when you put in a 2nd molar crown or MO filling only to see it on recall and the patient is complaining they are packing food around it. Why does this happen?
You know what sucks worse? When you re-do said restoration for free only to see it happen AGAIN.
Why does this happen?
What can you do about it?
Kevin offers some solutions orthodontically.
Zach gives some bad advice out of frustration for incidents where this has happened to him. “Splint early and splint often”.
Has this happened to you? What did you do about it? Did it work?
There is also a thread on this topic that recently came up in the Very Clinical Facebook Page. Check it out.
A big thank you to Dr. Rod Kurthy! None of this conversation would be possible without the work of Rod, who updated his concept “Walking Forward” in 2019.Would you like to support the podcast? Then you should take a look at our sponsors! When you choose to buy from our sponsors you're helping support the podcasts that you love!
- The Very Dental Podcast network is brought to you by our friends at Microcopy Dental. Single patient use carbide burs, diamond burs, polishers and a variety of single use products that make your office more efficient, make your infection control simpler and your dentistry better! Find more information at verydentalpodcast.com/microcopy!
- Dentures get a bad reputation in dentistry. Quite a few dentists even brag about how long it has been since they have done a denture. Dr. Russell Schafer wants to reverse this trend. So if you want to learn to hate dentures less, you need to take Russell's course on November 12-13th 2021 in New Orleans! Learn techniques to streamline your denture workflow and help you deliver a more predictable product for your patients! You'll even learn how you can incorporate digital dentures in your practice! Find out more information on this thorough and cost effective class at verydentalpodcast.com/denturece!
- The Very Dental Podcast network is brought to you by Cosmedent! Cosmedent is the premiere source for education and materials for cosmetic dentistry! Find out more at verydentalpodcast.com/cosmedent.
- The Very Dental Podcast network is also brought to you by our friends at Zirc! Zirc has clincial and organizational products to make your office and clinical systems more efficient and make infection control a breeze. Zirc would love to work with you to optimize the efficiency of your practice! Find out more at verydentalpodcast.com/Zirc
- The Very Dental Podcast network is also supported by Crazy Dental! Go check out some of the best selection of dental supplies powered by an amazing website! Crazy has become my office's "go to" for dental supplies because of its ease of use and the lowest prices anywhere. Even better...you'll save 10% by using the coupon code "VDP10" on their website and it helps support the podcast! Go check them out at verydentalpodcast.com/Crazy!
- The Very Dental Podcast network is also supported by Enova Illumination! Enova makes custom made loupes and the very best headlamps in all of dentistry. They also sell the amazing Zumax line of dental microscopes (I've got one in my office...it's amazing!) Go take advantage of the discount that they offer Very Dental people at verydentalpodcast/Enova.
- The Very Dental Podcast network is brought to you by the Wonderist agency. The best marketing agency to build your website, logo, SEO, design, Google Ads, social media and on. And on. Marketing your dental office...the Wonderist Agency can help! Find out more at verydentalpodcast.com/Wonderist!