The swaggy AI Pope and Apple headset rumors
Manage episode 359475925 series 2476724
The Verge's Nilay Patel, Alex Cranz, and David Pierce discuss AI image generators getting better, Apple WWDC 2023 rumors, and the other big stories in tech this week.
- The swagged-out pope is an AI fake — and an early glimpse of a new reality
- Another hurdle for AI image generators: unicycles
- It’s so hard to be worried about AI when the shit is so funny.
- AI-generated video is still in its “demonic phase.”
- Elon Musk and top AI researchers call for pause on ‘giant AI experiments’
- UK rejects idea of dedicated AI regulator.
- The US government is gearing up for an AI antitrust fight
- FTC should stop OpenAI from launching new GPT models, says AI policy group
- Apple’s WWDC 2023 kicks off on June 5th
- Apple staff reportedly express doubts about mixed-reality headset months ahead of launch
- Apple Pay Later is finally launching
- The ugly economics behind Apple’s new Pay Later system
- Apple Music Classical is now available from the App Store
- Disney just laid off the guy it bought Marvel from... but that’s probably a good thing
- Elon Musk is now the most-followed person on Twitter
- Twitter is secretly boosting Elon Musk, Dril, and MrBeast for some reason
- Google’s ADT partnership finally has a new home security product to show for it
- Sony’s new ZV-E1 camera is designed to help your vlogs suck less
- The TikTok ban is a betrayal of the open internet
- Can Mastodon seize the moment from Twitter?
Email us at email@example.com or call us at 866-VERGE11, we'd love to hear from you.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices