175 The Brutal Truth About Amazon Suspensions and the Law and What to do if You're in Trouble with Chris McCabe and Casey Vaughn
Manage episode 182523433 series 173119
Joining me today are two extraordinary people who talk about how to deal with the Amazon claims, possible suspensions, and how to proceed from a legal standpoint. Chris McCabe is a reinstatement specialist and consultant who knows how to appropriately and efficiently proceed with Amazon claims like the back of his hand. Casey Vaughn is a business owner and licensed lawyer in New York who specializes in corporate law concerns such as intellectual property (IP) defense enforcement, trade litigation, and commercial litigation, to name a few.
In today’s episode, Chris talks about some of the intellectual property infringement cases that Amazon sellers deal with, reasons why sellers can get suspended, and how to determine whether a potential consultant can help you. He also gives an overview of a course he created to assist those who are considering pursuing the battle with Amazon’s infringement division on their own without hiring a consultant. In connection to the points raised by Chris, Casey shares the two avenues that deal with IP infringement cases, why ignoring claims is the worst thing you can do, and how you can properly deal with them.
“Keeping in mind your ultimate goal is important in all of these situations.” - Casey Vaughn
Today’s Topics Cover:
- Good news and bad news about the Amazon infringement process
- Characteristics of a good lawyer who can help you with these matters
- Some basics about intellectual property that sellers need to know
- Defining the three biggest elements of intellectual property rights and how these are interrelated to one another
- Why IP enforcement is aggressive, especially with retail brands
- Benefits of hiring a lawyer that’s trained and experienced in IP and trademark cases, and a consultant to help you with your appeal
- Questions to ask before deciding to hire a reinstatement specialist
- The significance of knowing if your lawyer is knowledgeable about the essential business practices and experienced in infringement cases with brands
- When to know it’s time to hire a consultant and a lawyer
Three Elements of Intellectual Property Rights:
- Patent - protects an invention
- Trademark - protects a brand name used to identify goods or services
- Copyright - protects original artistic or literary works (e.g. photos, jewelry design)
Check out Casey Vaughn Across the Net:
Check out Chris McCabe Across the Net:
Leave a review to enter for a chance to WIN!!
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Unstoppable Entrepreneur Show with Robyn Johnson – leave a review on iTunes and you could win a free one-hour consultation with Robyn!
Follow this link to enter for a chance to win!