Manage episode 178289938 series 173119
Lisa Von Sturmer was an editor for a mixed martial arts fight show, but felt that she was not living her life to the fullest. Since she wanted to do something that would have a better impact on the planet, literally, she started Growing City, the first company in North America to offer corporate organic recycling programs. For seven years now, Lisa has been into the office composting business. She is passionate about what she does especially in doing her part to make the Earth a better and healthier place to live.
In today’s episode, Lisa recalls her journey as she started Growing City. She emphasizes the significance of making peace with fear as you establish your business and encounter challenges. Lisa also demonstrates how you can stand out from the crowd, create an impact, and be memorable - especially to prospective clients and business associates - as you change your mindset about your “weaknesses,” and the “no’s” that you’ll encounter along the way. She explains the importance of persistence, honesty, and value in creating long-term relationships both with potential business partners and probable clients.
“Anything that you’re doing today is a stepping stone to where you want to get, but you need to know where that is.” – Lisa Von Sturmer
Today’s Topics Cover:
- Lisa’s story that allows her to relate with smaller companies competing with big ones for clients
- How Tim Ferriss’s book impacts her mindset regarding pursuing her passion and starting her business
- The first step every entrepreneur can take in starting a business and then working their way backwards: having a clear vision of what they want their life to be
- Advantages of being a part of an entrepreneurial group whose members are going through the same challenges as new entrepreneurs
- How the challenges lead to a stronger team, more audience and clients, and being a better entrepreneur
- Turning your so-called “disadvantages” into advantages
- Tips and advice for entrepreneurs who are trying to face their fears and overcome the hurdles
- The Four Hour Work Week Book by Tim Ferriss
Check out Lisa Von Sturmer the Net:
Leave a review to enter for a chance to WIN!!
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Unstoppable Entrepreneur Show with Robyn Johnson – leave a review on iTunes and you could win a free one-hour consultation with Robyn!
Follow this link to enter for a chance to win!