Manage episode 326801764 series 2492969
Our most successful PGSDers *know* what they need to do to build their business to $100,000 - they just can’t get themselves to do it. This was the case for PGSDer Natalie Koons.
In August 2021, she invested $6,000 in a business coach to teach her how to launch her course on sock knitting (Natalie is a knitter and crocheter).
She figured that if could just find someone to tell her how to launch an online course - and she invested a large enough amount of money into learning how to do it - she’d be able to find the motivation to get it done.
But even though Natalie knew WHAT she needed to do to launch her course, she didn’t know HOW to get herself to do it. She was busy creating consistent content for her YouTube channel, replying to comments and working on other creative projects. And her launch tasks kept getting moved from one to-do list to the next…
The launch wasn’t happening so Natalie decided to put the business coaching on pause. She didn’t know what was wrong and why she couldn’t get herself to implement the launching strategy she’d invested so much money in.
Then Natalie came across my podcast. She quickly realised that her perfectionism handbrake had been making her procrasti-work and that there was a simple process she could follow to get out of her own way.
On 11 January 2022, Natalie signed up for PGSD without hesitation. She took her business coaching off pause. And she used the PGSD Process to get herself to do the scary things her business coach was telling her to do.
On 3 March 2022, Natalie posted in her Persistence Log to say that she had 125 people sign up for her sock knitting course and made over $34,000. With her perfectionist mindset on her side, Natalie was able to quickly launch her course (which she’d been putting off doing for MONTHS).
Natalie made 3 x as much as she needed to hit her first quarterly milestone for her Growth Goal (which had felt impossible only a few weeks earlier). And that’s even though she was just a beginner at Power Planning and only worked through the first few modules of the PGSD Process…
In today’s episode, I talk to Natalie about how the PGSD Process got her to implement her business coach’s advice and allowed her to breeze past her first $10,000 month in her business.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- Why Natalie joined PGSD before listening to every episode of The Perfectionism Project
- Why she wasn’t able to implement her business coaches advice before PGSD
- The hidden planning mistakes Natalie was making before Power Planning
- The fears Natalie had around her audience finding out that she wants to make money
- The self-coaching Natalie did during her launch
- How Power Planning has helped Natalie tap into her creativity
Sign up for PGSD:
The PGSD Process will get you out of your own way in your business and have you making more money more easily. The doors to Perfectionists Getting Shit Done are now open. Sign up today at samlaurabrown.com/pgsd (note: the doors close at 11:59pm New York time on 3 May 2022).
Featured In The Episode:
- Sign up for Perfectionists Getting Shit Done (PGSD) - samlaurabrown.com/pgsd
- Sign up for daily Perfectionist Power-Ups - samlaurabrown.com/power
- Follow me on Instagram @perfectionismproject
- Natalie’s instagram - @knittynatty
- Natalie’s YouTube channel - youtube.com/knittynatty
- Natalie’s website - knittynatty.com