Manage episode 323247948 series 2492969
Is there a part of your business that you keep saying you’re going to work on, but you secretly know you won’t? It could be adding new client testimonials to your website, finalising and posting your updated pricing or creating your marketing funnel to reach your perfect client.
You know how to do these tasks (maybe you’ve even done them for others in the past) - and yet a part of you is resistant to doing them for yourself. When you sit down to do them, you just don’t feel like it. They feel too hard to complete. It’s easier to avoid them altogether and tackle something else.
Why is it so hard to take action on some business tasks, when you easily complete the same tasks for others? Why do you keep putting off content creation, even though you know what you need to do and you’ve done it before.
In today’s episode, we share a snippet of a PGSD coaching call addressing this struggle and more. Heather (@thewriterremedy on Instagram) submitted to get coached because she wasn’t sure when it was a good time to change things in her business (and when not to change them).
She also noticed that she was procrastinating on the tasks related to the changes she wanted to make. She had easily done the same tasks for others, yet it felt so hard to follow through on these tasks for her own business.
PGSD Coach Michelle helped her figure this out, as well as:
- How her self-worth can get entangled with her work
- What making a three month commitment to changing a part of her self-image looks like
- How to use Power Planning as a tool to release her perfectionism handbrake
Note: Thank you Heather for giving me permission to share this call on the podcast. We appreciate you!
Tune in to learn why you keep putting off content creation and exactly what to do about it.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- Why we feel resistant to doing the business tasks we know we need to do
- How to use Power Planning to create consistent content
- The mistakes you’re making with Power Planning that are making it hard to follow through
- Why procrastination isn’t a problem
Featured In The Episode: