Reversing PCOS symptoms and letting go of that perfectionist mindset when it comes to health and fitness
Manage episode 268899378 series 2631913
Hangry attacks? Irregular periods? Weight gain? Doctors that seem to be sending you round in circles without any actual answers? Overflowing with stress? Type A person? Told to just go on the Pill until you want children and then to do IVF or IUI? Saying yes to all of these? Then this is a sign for you to take a step back and look at the big picture of your PCOS.
I’ve found from my personal experience with PCOS as well as working with other women that making changes to their lifestyle can seem really daunting - especially because often you’re already living a healthy lifestyle, you’re SO busy and doing literally everything you can to help your symptoms and it’s just not working.
It’s draining and debilitating. And as a Type A perfectionist kinda person, you just want a clean, tidy, quick regime that you follow so you can get rid of those symptoms and get back to your crazy busy life. Can it really be a quick couple of month blitz like this?
Not exactly. I spoke to Helen who I’ve had the pleasure of working with, about her PCOS and everything above. She’s like me - type A perfectionist, always on the go and just wants an effective and efficient solution to these PCOS symptoms that just seem to keep getting worse no matter what.
We chat a lot about this mindset and how it’s impacted our PCOS journeys as well as hangry attacks, stress, insulin, hard-to-shift weight gain, acne, pregnancy, postpartum and a whole lot more.
If you’re a Type A person and you’re just not getting anywhere with reversing your PCOS - you absolutely need to listen to this episode. You don’t have to run yourself into the ground trying to do this alone.
This episode is for you if:
- You have pretty bad acne as well as shaky, jittery, hangry attacks
- You’ve been told with your PCOS diagnosis that you’re fine but you’ll need some help getting pregnant
- You’re on the Pill or have been told that you ‘just need to go on the Pill’
- You’ve been told you should do IUI or IVF if you want to get pregnant
- You’ve never had one doctor who says you need to do “X”
- You’ve had recurrent yeast infections
- You have a Type A personality
- You feel like no one can help you
- You’ve had kids already or you don’t want kids
- You feel like your bucket is overflowing with stress
Some things we cover in this episode:
- Ovarian Hyperstimulation
- Changing your mindset when it comes to lifestyle changes for PCOS
- Is it stress or is it something related to your PCOS?
- Why a functional medicine perspective is so important for things like PCOS
- Insulin and hangry attacks
- Why you don’t have to be perfect and you don’t have to be going 100% all the time to be successful in resolving your PCOS symptoms
Links to our programs: