Manage episode 272709721 series 2631913
Ok, so you’ve got a love-hate relationship with caffeine? You love the ritual of having a coffee in the morning, the taste and that burst of energy you get - but you hate the dreaded post coffee slump, the jitters it gives you and the fact that sometimes, you just end up frazzled without much energy at all after chugging down that cappuccino or flat white.
I hear you - I used to be a massive coffee fiend. Coffee and I were BFFs - but to be honest coffee wasn’t a great friend to me. About five years ago, I found out that I don’t do well with caffeine, at all. I'm a genetically very slow metaboliser of it and don't respond to it very well at all . My stress hormones get way too high and the result is that I have an awful sleep, feel like flaming trash when I wake up and by the time I reach the afternoon, I’m exhausted.
Sound like you? Maybe it’s time to understand more about caffeine and your relationship with that flat white (or two, or three) that you have throughout your day.
This podcast episode takes a deep dive into that - as someone who was dearly wedded to my morning coffee, I know how hard it is to break up with that little caffeinated devil! I dive into all things caffeine, as well as what the deal is with caffeine and PCOS, caffeine and pregnancy and so much more.
If you’re a current caffeine consumer or you’re thinking about joining the decaffeinated club - you need to listen to this episode! Even if it is with your morning coffee!
This episode is for you if:
- You’re a caffeine drinker in any capacity
- You get caffeine withdrawals
- You’re planning to stop drinking caffeine and want to know how to come off without feeling like hot trash
- You’re on hormonal birth control
Some things we cover in this episode:
- How your genetics determine the amount of coffee you can tolerate
- Medications and their impacts on caffeine metabolisation
- Stress, cortisol and caffeine (this one is massive, I’m sure you know!)
- Cigarettes and caffeine
- Caffeine and pregnancy
- How to actually reduce or remove caffeine - if that’s what you want to do!