Manage episode 289342080 series 2901614
In this episode, I chat to Tracey Cox, author, psychologist and TV personality about sex and how to adapt to the changes as we age. Fifty-plus looks nothing like it used to. Many of us I hit half a century with little sign of slowing down, but like it or not, something happens to us sexually post 50.
Please join us as we discuss:-
- Tracey’s realisation and surprise that her full and active sex life was suddenly being affected by her menopause - she didn’t think it would happen to her.
- Busting the myth that women have a lower libido than men, wrong, they just get bored with sex. The majority of women say ‘no’ to sex because they are bored with having the same sex!
- Spontaneous arousal is down to our hormones, as they deplete we lose that spontaneity so we need to take responsibility for our own arousal and do the job our hormones used to do.
- Penetration and erection problems. Why an older vagina works well with an older penis.
- How women deal with their sexual issues as they age but how men struggle so much when they start to lose their erections.
- Communication, communication, communication.
- Being 50 and single and the untold benefits of meeting someone later in life.
- Recognising when a relationship is just not working and when to walk away.
- The best is yet to come.
Find out how you can work with me, my coaching and education, and get your free Menopause Symptom tracker at www.themerrymenopause.com