Manage episode 290963048 series 2901614
In this episode, I talk to Ruth Devlin, Registered Nurse and founder of Let’s Talk Menopause, which she set up in response to the conflicting advice she received during her Perimenopause.
Ruth has gone on to raise awareness and provide accurate and helpful information on Menopause, through her courses, guest speaking at events and appearances on TV and Radio.
Ruth has also written a book, Men…Let’s Talk Menopause, and that is why I asked Ruth to be my guest so we can discuss this very important subject and open up the conversation around Men and Menopause.
Join us as we discuss:-
- Why and how Ruth came to writing this essential guide
- Starting the conversation around Menopause at home and work
- Why we shouldn’t be underestimating the men in our lives and how much they want to know and understand Menopause.
- The impact of workplace awareness around Menopause and how the benefit of this will spill into personal relationships.
- The right and the wrong way for a man to approach the subject of hormonal health and how not to trigger a reaction!
- The male midlife change and how the lifestyle changes we need to make to support our Menopause they need to be making as well
- The importance of men doing their pelvic floor - “nuts to guts’!
- It’s your body, and your quality of life depends on how you look after it. Why are we not educated in a more empowering way so we can learn just how much control we have over our health and wellbeing?
- HRT and its sensationalisation
- How to get the most out of an appointment with your GP
- The 2010 equality act - how is your organisation supporting women and their Menopause?
The Squeeze app
BMS Society - The British Menopause Society
Managing Hot Flushes and Night Sweats - Myra Hunter and Melanie Smith
Living Well Through Menopause - Myra Hunter and Melanie Smith
The Happy Menopause - Jackie Lynch