Manage episode 288520289 series 2901614
In this episode, I meet Annie Auerbach for the second time since the first publication of Flex in 2019.
To mark this year's publication of Flex in paperback Annie has added an extra chapter, Flex in Flux to deal with the assumption that working from home during a pandemic is Flex. It is not. Flex at its best is an ideology for a more inclusive future and better quality of life for everyone.
Please join us we discuss,
- The aspiration of Flex and what it really means as a template for a better life.
- How the gender roles have played out during lockdown and the effect of Covid on women’s progress it the workplace.
- Our mutual passion for Menstrual Cycle Syncing and how it opens up a new relationship for women and their bodies, the role it plays in Flex and how it could lead to a new era of workplace management and working.
- Girls and their periods. The Period Fairy, Period Parties and girls and the long term benefits of young girls and their participation in sport, not being thwarted by their periods.
- Why self-care is so much more than a bath bomb and a glass of wine.
- Uncoupling productivity from success.
- Finding ourselves in a ‘plastic moment’ - a portal between the old world and the new world and how reinventing our attitude to Flex will lead to a happier life.