Manage episode 294597091 series 2927613
Teaching yoga in 1x1 settings is such a wonderful way to inspire and support meaningful change in our student’s lives. But the possibilities for what and how you could teach a private lesson are endless and as a teacher that can feel overwhelming! How do you decide what to focus on??
Teaching yoga one-on-one requires a different skill set than teaching group classes, and these unique skills are left out of most teacher trainings. In this podcast episode I’ll share the simple framework I use to teach private lessons in a way that is balancing and helpful for my students without being draining for me and I answer questions like:
- What is your class format for a private session? How do you make it special?
- Many folks don’t have a clear objective in mind. How do you help people figure out what they want to work on?
- Are your zoom privates cheaper than your in person privates?
- How are you gauging private client progress within a session or group of sessions? What metrics do you use to measure goals and how do you monitor achievable outcomes for physical, mental and emotional progress?
- How do you stay on time, particularly when wrapping up to leave?
- Plus, I answer a bonus question about bakasana!
Resources Mentioned In The Episode: