Manage episode 282173558 series 2821477
Leslie begins today's show with her 'Ripped from the Headlines' news segment. Here are the stories that she covered:
1. AUDIO: Trump calls his speech leading to Capitol Riots 'totally appropriate'
2. AUDIO: Congressman Madison Cawthorn tells a TurningPoint USA rally to 'lightly threaten' their members of Congress during speech given on the morning of the Capitol Riots
3. AUDIO: Verbal scuffle ensues in the House Rules Committee as Jim McGovern tries, unsuccessfully, to get Jim Jordan to admit the election was not stolen
4. CHICAGO SUN-TIMES: "Democratic Illinois Rep. Brad Schneider tests positive for COVID: Lashes out at GOP colleagues who would not wear masks"
5. AXIOS: "WHO warns world won't achieve coronavirus herd immunity in 2021"
During the second half of the show, Leslie is joined by Col. Cedric Leighton, Founder and President of Cedric Leighton Associates, a strategic risk and leadership consultancy serving global companies and organizations. They analyze the pro-Trump riots at the Capitol on January 6th, as well as three new plots to overthrow the government, which House Democrats were briefed on today. Colonel Leighton's Twitter handle is @CedricLeighton, and his website is CedricLeighton.com.