The Joyful DVM Podcast - Encouraging and Empowering Veterinarians, Veterinary Technicians and Veterinary Teams to create Joyful Lives & Balanced Veterinary Careers
Intentional Consequences: The Path To Getting What You Want
Manage episode 296872708 series 2900678
Every action we take has a consequence. Some of them are positive. Others are negative. But, do you realize that your mind is conditioned to seek out the negative consequences? Are you aware that creating intentional consequences is the key to getting the clients you want and doing the practice you dream of in your Vet Med career?
In this episode, I tell a little story about the birds in my backyard and how it relates to what we all experience every day as veterinarians. I explain why avoiding negative consequences is the wrong approach to achieving what we want, and how this results in a client base for veterinarians that is less-than-ideal.
Why you’ve got to check out today’s episode:
- Understand how avoiding negative consequences in veterinary practice impacts veterinarians, veterinary staff, and clients.
- Learn what you miss out on when you fail to focus your efforts with positive intention.
- Find out why trying to serve every type of veterinary client leaves you exhausted and not serving any very well, and what you can do about it.
“Consequences don't have to always be negative.”
Check out these episode highlights:
03.07 - The presence of the Red-winged Blackbirds in my backyard is a story that is similar to what you are experiencing in your Vet Med career.
05.23 - What you should do so that you can cultivate more of what you want, creating intentional consequences in alignment with your goals.
08.59 - How to create an environment that attracts your ideal clients for your veterinary practice.
11.20 - Questions to ask yourself so that you can create intentional consequences and get the results you want.
13.15 - Developing the right mindset to become the best version of yourself.
15.10 - One thing you must avoid if you want to be the right fit for your ideal clients.
- If you focus on what you enjoy, what you're passionate about, and what's important to you, you'll get clients who share the same values as you.
- Veterinary medicine isn't a roadblock if you look at it through the lens of what works for you.
- You will never be the right practice for anyone if you keep trying to become the right practice for everyone.
- Get the support you need from Joyful DVM (www.joyfuldvm.com) to increase your joy, wellbeing, and balance so you can enjoy your life and your Vet Med career.
- Listen to what the Bluebirds, birdhouses, and what is holding you back have to say. (https://podcast.joyfuldvm.com/episode-11-whats-really-holding-you-back)
- More about the Bluebirds and the four gifts you receive from persevering in Vet Med.
Connect with me!
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/joyfuldvm
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/JoyfulDVM/
- Website: www.joyfuldvm.com/
Thank you so much for listening! If this episode supported you in any way, the best way you can pay forward is by taking a screenshot of this episode and sharing it on social media or with your team, and tag me!