Manage episode 282254245 series 2032122
What We Discuss with Laura Nirider:
- Two to five percent of people currently serving time in prison have been falsely convicted.
- False confessions and admissions are present in 15 to 20 percent of all DNA exonerations.
- The United States is one of the only countries in the world that allows police to lie about evidence during interrogations.
- Why so many people are coerced into providing false confessions during interrogations that are gentle compared to the more "hands on" approach taken by police in decades past.
- How Laura is working to clean up interrogation techniques so they're still effective in solving crimes without trapping innocent people in the system.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/456
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!