Manage episode 280105541 series 2032122
Stephen Schwarzman is the chairman and CEO of The Blackstone Group, an investor, a philanthropist, and the author of What It Takes: Lessons in the Pursuit of Excellence.
What We Discuss with Stephen Schwarzman:
- How did Stephen turn being paired with a Nazi roommate at Yale into a learning experience?
- Why it's as hard to achieve small goals as bigger ones -- except larger goals have more significant consequences (and what entrepreneurs can gain from this perspective).
- What Stephen learned from working a summer wiping down grease in a Scandanavian ship's 120-degree engine room.
- Why Stephen considers candor fundamental to the operation of a healthy organization.
- How Stephen assesses talent when hiring.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/447
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!