Manage episode 278807301 series 2032122
โดย Jordan Harbinger และถูกค้นพบโดย Player FM และชุมชนของเรา -- ลิขสิทธิ์นี้เป็นของผู้เผยแพร่ ไม่ใช่ Player FM โดยมีการสตรีมเสียงโดยตรงจากเซิร์ฟเวอร์ผู้เผยแพร่ กดปุ่มติดตามเพื่อติดตามการอัพเดทใน Player FM หรือวาง URL ฟีดนี้ไปยังแอพพอดคาสท์อื่น
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/439
On This Week’s Stereo Sunday, We Continue Our Adventures in North Korea (Part One Can Be Found Here):
- Gabe and Jordan traveled to North Korea (aka Democratic People's Republic of Korea -- or DPRK) together several times between 2011 and 2016.
- As bizarre as you've heard North Korea can be, the reality is probably even weirder.
- What do you actually do on a trip to North Korea?
- How long does a typical itinerary last?
- Should you strike up conversations with random people in transit (or let them tell you what you can and cannot read)?
- What's so impressive about the Arirang Mass Games?
- What should you do if you're accidentally caught up in propaganda production?
- How do North Korean subways differ from what we've come to expect in the West?
- How can throwing a frisbee thaw international iciness?
- How much warm beer can you get for $20 cash money American?
- Want to know what it's like to live out a scene from a David Lynch-directed musical? Just dine at a North Korean restaurant!
- Will you get thrown into a gulag for performing the Star-Spangled Banner at karaoke in North Korea (or should you)?
- Why did Kim Jong-il allegedly accompany his mother into battle as an infant?
- In the US, we have freedom of speech. In the DPRK, you don't even have freedom from speech.
- Why do so many Americans and Canadians own businesses in a town on the Chinese-North Korean border?
- After talking about all the upsides of visiting North Korea as an American, what are the downsides?
- If you visit North Korea, what will you encounter that you won't hear about on American network news?
- We also answer some of our listener questions that came in live during the show!
- Download the Stereo app here and participate with us live on Friday, November 20th and 27th, at 2 p.m. PST!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Gabriel on Twitter at @GabeMizrahi.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!