Bad Manager Mayhem; Should I Stay or Do I Go?
Manage episode 358531461 series 3430005
Lily works as a middle manager in the design industry. She is experiencing a lack of direction and leadership from her superior that is affecting her ability to perform at an optimal level.
Why does it seem that leadership doesn’t hold other leadership accountable?
After honest discussions with leadership about issues, how do you decide it’s time to move on? AND
How do you manage your own perception of reality within a company?
Tessa discusses how to use leverage and honesty to improve a challenging work situation. She also references her 5 Stages of Career Growth and explains how difficult leaders can contribute to personal development.
5 Stages of Career Growth
- Entry Level - Doers (Consistency)
- Supervisors and Individual Contributors - Achievers (Independent Thinking)
- Sr Managers/Sr level Individual - Collaborators (Refine and Align)
- Directors/VP- Builders (Strategy and Resources)
- Sr VP/C-Suite - Expanders (Future Growth)
To be a guest on The JOB Doctor Click Here
Order Tessa's Book "The Unspoken Truths for Career Success: Navigating Pay, Promotions, and Power at Work"