Why You Get Hungry, How Gut Bacteria Matters & the Perils of Food Industry Manipulation – Amy Shah, M.D. : 1029
Manage episode 357284214 series 3007702
IN THIS EPISODE OF THE HUMAN UPGRADE™… Amy Shah, M.D., teaches you all you need to know about the second F word: food. That’s right, you are going to learn all about hunger from the author of the book, “I'm So Effing Hungry: Why We Crave What We Crave – and What to Do About It.” You’ll also find out why focusing on your hunger is more important and effective than going on yet another diet.
Dr. Shah is a double board-certified medical doctor and nutrition expert with training from Cornell, Columbia, and Harvard universities. Her background includes internal medicine and allergy/immunology. During this discussion, she shares why she believes that you can diet all you want, but diets don't work—and, worse yet, they keep you addicted. They also keep you hungry and keep you unhappy. She helps you lean into your body signals and really understand what's happening.
She developed a 5-step program for battling excessive hunger and food cravings by harnessing the power of psychobiotics and intermittent fasting. She combined scientific studies with Western and Ayurvedic approaches so you can:
- REPLENISH your body by eating more nourishing, mood-balancing foods.
- REWIRE your brain to undo the addiction pathways and cravings for processed foods.
- RESET your circadian rhythm to activate hunger hormones that reduce your appetite.
- REFRESH with a good night’s sleep, using proven good sleep habits used by the U.S. military.
- RETRAIN your body with exercise that regulates key neurotransmitters that influence our hunger response.
You’ll want to take notes on this extremely helpful and actionable interview. You also can download the transcript in the episode show notes under "Links & Resources."
Watch this episode on YouTube!
WE APPRECIATE OUR PARTNERS. CHECK THEM OUT!
Nature’s Nootropic: https://trukava.com, use code DAVE15 to get 15% off
Kickstart Autophagy: https://timelinenutrition.com/DAVE, use code ASPREY10 to get 10% off any plan
Join us at the 9th Annual Biohacking Conference: https://biohackingconference.com