How Prebiotic Fiber Makes a Gut-Friendly Bread – Uprising Food : 969
Manage episode 338789212 series 3007702
Uprising Food sponsored this podcast. Dave Asprey partners with Uprising Food as an advisor and investor.
IN THIS EPISODE OF THE HUMAN UPGRADE™...
… you’ll learn about bread that’s better for your body—and the important role of prebiotics and fiber in that equation. You’ll also find out about the science that supports new ways of creating bread products—what works and why it works. And you’ll get a look further into the food system and how to adopt solutions with real benefits for your energy and lifestyle.
A 5+ year biohacker, intermittent faster, and cyclical keto devotee joins the show to talk about innovations in bread as you know it. William Schumacher, co-founder and CEO of Uprising Food—aka—”The Loafer and Chief”— traded in corporate life as a former Procter and Gamble marketer to sift through the disinformation to de-villainize bread and create products that taste good and work in synergy with your body.
With all the gluten-free and alternative breads out there competing for attention, what made Uprising stand out to Dave Asprey? Simple. Uprising took action to:
- tackle the foundational things that give people disproportionate bang for their buck when they eat the products day in day out.
- figure out what’s NOT in the product. Most products are loaded with things that are doing damage and there’s a big-time cost.
- eliminate gluten and other inflammatory ingredients.
- choose ingredients that would produce a tasty, functional product and work in the gut to enable inside out transformation.
- partner with artisanal bakers willing to experiment with baking methods and ingredients. The star ingredient? Psyllium. In this conversation, you’ll get all the details on prebiotic fiber and the benefits of activated psyllium, a bio-active polysaccharide.
Research done at Wright State University Microbiome Labcompared Uprising Food bread with traditional bread. Early results show that Uprising’s prebiotic bread makes nice with gut microbiota.
Curious about bread again? Check out the Uprising Food “Toast Cleanse,” affectionately known as “72 hours to digestive deliverance.” This 3-day protocol includes super toast combinations and levels of bread eating designed to overhaul your microbiome.
SPECIAL OFFER FOR THE HUMAN UPGRADE LISTENERS: www.uprisingfood.com/DAVE, use code DAVE to get $10 off the starter bundle
Excited about bread that’s better for you? Learn how you can invest in Uprising Food here.
WE APPRECIATE OUR PARTNERS. CHECK THEM OUT!
Structure Water Molecules; Achieve Body/Brain Coherence: https://analemma-water.com, use code DAVE10 for 10% off
Experience the High Life with Infrared Therapy: https://higherdose.com, use code HUMAN10 for 10% off
Mattress Temperature Tech: https://www.eightsleep.com/dave, use code dave to save $250 on the Pod Pro