Manage episode 276205330 series 2662625
Are you homeschooling a pre-teen or teen and wondering how to inspire them to love learning? Our guest today believes it possible to reignite teens’ natural curiosity and their fire for learning if we are open to trying a new educational approach.
Evgeniya Andrianova, mom of 2 and creator of Teen Ideas Matter, is on a mission to help teens start meaningful projects that impact the world around them. She talks about the benefits that project-based learning can provide for both kids and their parents, how to use this education approach in homeschooling and in life.
She also shares why it’s important to do project-based learning with a holistic approach, considering not just the goals and project plans but also the power of sleep, good nutrition, yoga and meditation, emotional intelligence, resilience, and growth mindset.
If you want to learn how a holistic approach to project-based learning can help your teen love learning, stay confident, and strive for greatness, you’re going to be inspired by this episode.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- how Evgeniya's project management background and passion for projects inspired her to create her business
- what project-based learning is and the different elements it involves
- how you can implement project-based learning in homeschooling
- the skills that project-based learning teaches kids and how they can be applied to everyday life
- what wholistic project-based learning is and how she's applying it to the teen community
- how parents can also benefit from their teenagers doing project-based learning
- her advice on what parents can do to reignite their teenagers' love for learning
- what her new book for teens, called "Make It Great, Stay Calm and Get Your Idea Done", is all about
- her new Curious Mindset digital course for parents and how you can get a discount for it as part of the Homeschool CEO family
This episode truly resonates with me because we also do project-based learning at home and have seen firsthand what it can do for kids. I also see such power and potential in teenagers and believe that we, as parents, must do what we can to empower them and make them see that what they are doing matters.
Where to Find Evgeniya:
Curious Mindset Digital Course for Parents (use code: HOMESCHOOLCEO to get 15% off)