Manage episode 269573151 series 2445782
In the 2nd edition of the new monthly report with Kent Lardner of Suburb Trends, our hosts discuss around the current unemployment rate and what areas are most impacted? Which suburbs are the hottest and questioning if they will stay hot post COVID? And weighing in on why certain suburbs, areas and property types will survive the ‘property price falls’ the media keeps banging on about.
Here’s what we covered:
- Quarterly report on small area labour markets.
- What is the unemployment rate sitting at?
- How has COVID devastated statistically ‘younger areas’.
- Why does increasing unemployment in certain sectors not impact the whole economy?
- Why do hours worked data better represent unemployment?
- Which suburbs are hot and which are cold?
- Who is getting pushed out of the market and what suburbs are they going to now?
- What impact can the percentage of fully owned properties make?
- Will beach side properties stay at the top?
- How AirBNB properties in coastal suburbs, shifting to short and long term tenure have boomed.
GUEST LINKS:Suburb Trends - Website
Send in your questions to: email@example.com
EPISODE TRANSCRIPT: Please note that this has been transcribed by half-human-half-robot, so brace yourself for typos and the odd bit of weirdness…This episode was recorded on 12 August, 2020.