Ep 137 - Claire Corby | Insights into the Canberra property market: How does it perform against other capital cities?
Manage episode 269746363 series 2445782
Every week we chat about Australia's major property markets, but how does Canberra compare and what are its growth prospects? In this episode we speak with Canberran Claire Corby, one of the only buyers agents to work exclusively in Canberra. We discuss the interesting caveats of owning property in Australia's capital city, how has Canberra’s market held up during Covid and what direction is trending towards; will it boom or will it bust?
Here’s what we covered:
- How has the Canberra property market held up during COVID?
- Why has there been a massive disparity in demand for housing and apartments?
- Why Canberra's property market continues to smash suburb price records during COVID
- How have developers shifted in offloading the oversupply of their new builds?
- Why the majority of Canberra property is Leasehold not freehold.
- The weird quirks and caveats of owning property in Canberra?
- What happens with the suburbs that border NSW and ACT?
- What makes a scarce property in Canberra?
- Where are the prestige, blue chip suburbs of Canberra?
This weeks Dumbo:
- Outbidding yourself in Canberra or choosing not to pursue properties because they are going to Auction
Send in your questions to: email@example.com
EPISODE TRANSCRIPT: Please note that this has been transcribed by half-human-half-robot, so brace yourself for typos and the odd bit of weirdness…This episode was recorded in July, 2020.