Ep 136 - Owen Raszkiewicz | Shares vs property: Where is the money? | Insights from Australian Investor Podcast
Manage episode 269264974 series 2445782
You have probably read, heard or participated in the debate that is as old as capitalism, which is the best asset to invest into, shares or property? In this episode we talk with Owen Raszkiewicz founder of Rask Australia, which provides a member only investment advice platform, ASX news and investment insights through articles, podcasts and education. We discuss which of the two assets are better to invest into, how people can start DIY trading and what you should be looking for in quality shares or property.
Here’s what we covered:
- Where do investors get it wrong with share investing?
- What books should people read to develop better investing habits?
- How to choose a good fund?
- What makes a great fund manager?
- How can we change how we look at money and investing?
- How to know which company is the best?
- What are millennials thinking when it comes to shares vs property?
- Why buying assets isn't about the price spent but long term growth?
This weeks Dumbo:
- Buying 2 studio apartments in Melbourne
- Free courses (four new courses coming before the end of the year)
- Podcasts (Investors podcast = more advanced; Finance podcast = beginners - both are good for intermediates) - shout out to Chris' episode with Owen
Send in your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EPISODE TRANSCRIPT:Please note that this has been transcribed by half-human-half-robot, so brace yourself for typos and the odd bit of weirdness…This episode was recorded in July, 2020.