Innovation, Safety, and Social Media with Martin Torner of Matthews Studio Equipment
Manage episode 336488628 series 2910620
If you’re like many people, having grown up in commercial photo studios, you may not have spent a lot of time interrogating the history of your grip equipment. But for Martin Torner, who spent close to 20 years as a grip working on film and television productions before joining Matthews Studio Equip., it’s all about the history of innovation and serving a tight knit industry who values efficiency and safety. Martin joins me for this episode to talk about how it all started for Matthews, what it means to be a pioneer and innovator in your industry, and how social media and supporting smaller scale creators plays into it for this legendary equipment manufacturer.
- Matthews has been in business for over 50 years, and was born from the extraordinarily talented key grips and electricians of the old days of film production.
- Matthews developed tools and systems for production that allowed for great advancements in how film productions were produced and much of that informs how we work in e-commerce photo studios.
- Safety is paramount at Matthews, and social media is key in getting that message out.
- Matthews has always been good at viral video, going back to the founder riding a dolly down his driveway to show what it was capable of.
- Matthews believes in servicing all creators, from the individual content creators to full scale bug budget film production.
Produced by: Creative Force - creativeforce.io
Edited by: Calvin Lanz Sound - clsound.net
Hosted by: Daniel Jester - danieltjester.com