Data Driven Vendor Management with Adam Parker
Manage episode 334809707 series 2910620
If your studio has never managed a post production vendor before, the task can seem daunting. But with a little preparation and an understanding of your own studio KPIs, you can rely on the data to help build that relationship. That's one of the great things about data, it becomes that source of truth that, with some transparency and communication, clearly indicates whether the relationship is working or not. Adam Parker joins Daniel for this episode of the podcast to discuss how KPIs can support your vendor and your team in growth and process improvement.
- Data and metrics can help ease the difficulty of managing a post production vendor, especially for the inexperienced studio.
- It starts with understanding your studios specific needs. What is your expected SLA? What specific tasks need to be performed?
- Take a look at some of the industry leaders for Post Production and determine who fits your needs.
- Be open and transparent about your studio needs and how you expect the vendor to perform.
- Keep regular check-ins with your vendor and use that time to review performance, include the data points you've been tracking.
- Use this opportunity to grow your own team professionally, involve them in the management process.
Produced by: Creative Force - creativeforce.io
Edited by: Calvin Lanz Sound - clsound.net
Hosted by: Daniel Jester - danieltjester.com