Manage episode 284543863 series 2846952
From worst to first … Former Navy Captain Mike Abrashoff took a ship plagued by low morale, high turnover and abysmal performance evaluations and transformed it to rank first in its fleet. In his discussion with host Charles Mizrahi, Abrashoff reveals how he did this — and how he uses the very same principles to help businesses achieve their goals.
- Hard Work Prevails (00:02:25)
- Excellence Without Arrogance (00:09:39)
- Common Sense (00:14:00)
- Captain of the USS Benfold (00:17:10)
- A Game-Changer (00:23:51)
- “We Control Our Own Destiny” (00:27:41)
- Making a Shift (00:29:36)
- A Change in Culture (00:34:16)
- Beyond the Navy (00:37:34)
- Listening Aggressively (00:42:38)
- Starting a Culinary School (00:48:34)
- More From Mike Abrashoff (00:52:43)
Mike Abrashoff became Commander of the USS Benfold — considered one of the worst ships in the U.S. Pacific Fleet — at just 36 years old. With Abrashoff in charge, a shift began. And in just 12 months, the Benfold was ranked No. 1. The former Navy captain attributes this to hard work, excellence and a change in culture. Abrashoff now shares his methods for success as a speaker, and through works such as his best-selling book, It’s Your Ship: Management Techniques from the Best Damn Ship in the Navy.
Don't Forget To...
- Subscribe to my podcast!
- Download this episode to save for later
- Liked this episode? Leave a kind review!
Subscribe to Charles' Alpha Investor newsletter today: https://pro.banyanhill.com/m/1729783