Manage episode 292210680 series 1993435
In this episode, we talk with Guy Robinson, the founder and CEO of the Coalition Agency based in London, England. Our conversation covers how the college live music market has mostly disappeared due to not only the pandemic but new tastes and lifestyles in the young adult market in how they approach their music and discover new artists without attending shows.
We also discuss how his company found a new way of creating live productions that attract a new audience in a format not previously considered the norm when it comes to concerts. Guy shares his experience in pivoting to run the first ever drive through live theater shows during the pandemic. He also explains how he handles the logistical challenges faced from putting on large scale pop up events at various locations, and how he overcame them, along with the impact of Covid, and how his company successfully adapted in response to the pandemic.
The Coalition Agency represents, imagines, and delivers dynamic shows, artists, and brands worldwide. Their artists include Nick Grimshaw, Greg James, and Ministry of Sound, as well as owning music and entertainment brands such as "Just Can't Get Enough 80's" and their recently launched "Car Park Party."
- Co-Produced and Hosted (by the guy who has a face for podcasting): Bob Bender
- Co-Producer, Creator, and Technical Advisor (the man behind the curtain): Tom Sabella
- Director of Video and Continuity (the brains of the entire operation): Deborah Halle
- Audio/Video Editor Mark Sabella Midnight Express Studio Olian, NY
- Marketing and Social Media: Kaitlin Fritts
- Executive Assistant to Bob and Tom (the one who keeps us on track and our schedules straight) Tammy Kowalski
- All Around Problem Solver: Connie Ribas
- Recorded at: The Bunker in Franklin, TN (except during the Covid 19 pandemic, then it's pretty much done VIA Skype or over the phone, with the exception for those fearless enough to come to Bob Bender’s living room… and there are a few).
- Mixed and Mastered at Music Dog Studios in Nashville, TN
- Production Sound Design: Keith Stark
- Voice Over and Promo: Lisa Fuson