Manage episode 333399759 series 2812490
In today’s episode, we cover networking to survive the recession with AJ and Johnny.
People rely on those they trust in times of economic hardship, so what can you do to grow your network before the next economic downturn and what value can you offer to strengthen your existing network so you’re in a better position when the next recession hits?
What to Listen For
- Introduction – 0:00
- Why is networking so important when you’re starting in a new field or trying to move up in your current field?
- Why is a strong network important to have before a recession begins?
- What everyone gets wrong about networking – 13:03
- How do you network effectively so you’re not shooting yourself in the foot at every networking event?
- What is social capital and why do you need to understand it to network effectively?
- What three ways can you provide value to anyone in your network?
- The 4 levels of support value you can offer to anyone – 23:20
- What can you do to stand out from the crowd when congratulating or supporting someone in your network?
- Leverage your network to provide value to others – 33:50
- How can you use your existing network to grow it while also offering value to people inside and outside of your network?
- What simple strategy can you use to grow your network from nothing on LinkedIn?
It’s not a question of if the next recession will hit, but when. So, it’s important to start building your network now. A strong network can help you weather any storm. The more people you know in different industries and positions, the more resources you have at your disposal. Social capital is key to networking effectively; make sure you understand what it is and how to use it to your advantage.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Do you LOVE the toolbox episodes? Did you know that every week we give a LIVE mini-toolbox lesson inside our Private Facebook Group? Best of all it is FREE to join. Join today and get access to all of our live training and level up your communication, leadership, influence and persuasion skills. With 14,000 members it’s a great place to network, learn and overcome any obstacle that’s in your way.
Did you know that you can get the whole Art of Charm catalog when you subscribe to Stitcher Premium using our link? That’s 15 years of podcasts featuring expert guests and toolbox episodes! Sign up today and use Code “CHARM” to get a free month!
Running out of things to say in conversation… and still struggling to get people interested in you? That’s an uncomfortable position to be in. Don’t want to risk getting tongue-tied and screwing things up the next time you meet someone? Check out Conversation Magic now to make sure you don't crash and burn. With our bulletproof formula, you'll be flirting up a storm, sparking fun and engaging conversations, and making high-value friends anywhere!
Resources from this Episode
Check in with AJ and Johnny!