Manage episode 293289128 series 2703860
Are you ready to speak your truth even when it scares you?
Tiffany Bluhm is the author of Prey Tell: Why We Silence Women Who Tell the Truth and How Everyone Can Speak Up. She is a sought after speaker, writer, and podcast co-host of the popular podcast Why Tho, a show answering the existential and nonsensical questions we ask ourselves, with author and speaker, Ashley Abercrombie.
She speaks at conferences and events, and her work has been featured in World Vision Magazine, Publisher’s Weekly, Sojourners, Red Letter Christians, the YouVersion Bible app, Jenny McCarthy Show, and more. As a minority, immigrant woman with an interracial family, she is passionate about women’s equality, justice, and dignity.
In this episode, Tiffany takes us on a journey to see how we uphold cultures and systems that are silencing us and keeping us from living freely to grow in our careers and relationships. We dove into how we can influence change in these systems.
Plus, we talked about the ways we can arm our children with a deeper understanding of how to break the system, stand up for themselves, and have the sovereignty they deserve.
In this Episode You’ll Learn:
- All about today’s guest, Tiffany Bluhm [ 0:45 ]
- The inspiration behind Prey Tell: Why We Silence Women Who Tell the Truth and How Everyone Can Speak Up [ 5:30 ]
- How women are being silenced in their everyday lives [ 12:55 ]
- The ways women show up in their lives after being silenced [ 18:40 ]
- What you need to know about the EEOC [ 22:35 ]
- Why women will turn their backs on another woman [ 24:45 ]
- The importance of holding up and believing women [ 31:25 ]
- How we can create change in our current systems [ 33:00 ]
- The ways to arm our children on how to stand up for themselves [ 41:15 ]
Soul Shifting Quotes:
- “The misogynistic and sexist undertones will never be changed.”
- “This world is beautiful, and there's room for us.”
- “Look for places that will honor who you are.”
- “Create change, and move into places and spaces that value who you are.”
- “Girls will make excuses for the harm that's happening to them in order to please and stay connected to those around.”
- Learn my 7 Secrets to Uplevel Your Brand & Land Your Dream Clients
- Grab your FREE training, How to Call in Your Tribe + Create Content that Converts
- Text me at 603-931-4386
- Learn more about Tiffany by following her on Instagram or heading to https://www.tiffanybluhm.com.
- Listen to the Why Tho Podcast.
- Get the book Prey Tell: Why We Silence Women Who Tell the Truth and How Everyone Can Speak Up.
- Learn more about the EEOC.
Tag me in your big shifts + takeaways: @amberlilyestrom
Did you hear something you loved here today?! Leave a Review + Subscribe via iTunes