Superhero Sidekick Coaching Podcast - Leading the way in fundraising marketing sales non-profit money success leadership business goals entrepreneurship team building vision branding
The Boomerang Effect - Joe and Joel
Manage episode 305529770 series 2824507
WHEN WE HELP OTHERS, WE HELP OURSELVES
“You can have everything you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want out of life.” Zig Ziglar
Sowing and Reaping
In nature, if you sow, you reap. What you reap depends on what you plant. And you always reap later than you sow. The same is true when it comes to relationships, self-esteem and professional development. As in nature, they take time.
There are only 3 types of people
1. TAKERS RECEIVE AND NEVER GIVE.
· Their primary motivation is to advance themselves
· Never satisfied
· Intentional Takers – Driven by greed, or pride
· Unintentional Takers – Driven by fear or desperation
· I Win/You Lose
2. TRADERS RECEIVE AND THEN GIVE.
· Their primary motivation is not to help others
· They partner with others to serve themselves
· They will never give more than they receive
· Guilt plays a role; they are score keepers
· I Win First/ You Win Second
3. INVESTORS GIVE AND THEN RECEIVE.
· Their primary motivation is to put others needs first
· Investors don’t expect a return, but realize the effects on giving come back to them
· They desire to make everything and everyone they touch better
· Higher cause
· You Win First/ I Win Second
Leadership Coaching is a great way to invest into the future of people.
What does Coaching do?
· Brings self-awareness and social awareness
· Helps to clarify what’s most important
· Examines options to Solutions
· Removes obstacles and Fear
· Provides a clear path to navigate