Manage episode 274286671 series 2713662
Anna Mackay & Anna Lutz chat with Claire Neary, the co-founder and director of My Remarkable Self, a program that offers training in communication and problem solving that is tailored to address specific issues and challenges facing children ages six through eighteen. We discuss:
- How puberty can be tough for kids, especially if they are unprepared for the changes that happen.
- Ways parents can prepare and normalize the changes that happen during puberty
- How bullying can manifest as both overt aggression as well as micro-aggressions.
- Messages to convey to kids about being tolerant and accepting of differences
- Strategies parents can employ to practice body positive parenting
- Why the My Remarkable Self programs place such a heavy emphasis on kindness
- The importance of kids being kind to each other and the value of self-compassion