Manage episode 293117714 series 2929696
In this episode, Daniel sits down with the Founder and President of Levels, Josh Clemente. With Levels, Josh is attempting to bring blood-glucose monitoring into the mainstream as a consumer product. Driven by his own personal health journey, he is convinced that consistent and accurate blood-glucose feedback will produce more knowledgeable choices and dramatically impact the health and lifestyle of millions of people for the better. Others are likewise convinced as Josh has raised 4 million dollars in venture capital and also has a 40,000 customer waitlist.
While working at SpaceEx, Josh began to evaluate his work-life balance and the effect it was having on his physical health. His relentless pursuit of feedback led him to identify a product need and envision the company that would meet it. Listen as Josh shares his journey from life as a pre-diabetic to his now pre-magnate status as he prepares to launch Levels into the stratosphere of med-tech companies.
- Backstory: Amidst his work as a chemical engineer with SpaceEx, Josh began to evaluate his work-life-balance and the effect it was having on his body. (1:27)
- Josh talks glucose and metabolism and the science behind his Startup (3:06)
- Identifying the industry need: bringing the monitoring of blood glucose levels to the masses as a consumer product (6:00)
- Levels solves core problems that consumers aren’t even aware that they have: He explains how good fitness doesn’t always equate to good health (7:15) Josh explains how acutely personal feedback is crucial for understanding your own health. (10:21)
- Creating Demand: How Levels already has 40,000 customers on a waitlist before their public launch. (15:22)
- Industry Foresight: Anticipating continued advances in the personal med-tech industry, Josh plans for Level’s expansion and development. (23:22)
- The importance of customer experience: how Levels brings sophisticated technology to the customer through an easy and elegant application. (28:58)
- The brilliant “first principles” advice Josh gleaned from his time at SpaceEx (33:08)
- How the rookie fundraiser raised 4 million in venture capital (36:43)
- Josh shares an early mistake he made and the valuable lesson he learned through it (39:44)
- Dan asks Josh to share his secret weapons for success (41:23)
These are great insights from a great entrepreneur!
Product Market Misfits is a weekly podcast that helps entrepreneurs learn more about starting companies and getting funded by sharing conversations with world-class venture-backed founders who are one or two steps ahead of you on the path to success. For more, visit us at www.ProductMarketMisfits.com