In the South, talking about food is personal. It’s a way of sharing a part of your history, your family, your culture, and yourself. Each week, Sid Evans, Editor in Chief of Southern Living, will sit down with celebrity musicians to hear stories of how they grew up, what inspired them, and how they’ve been shaped by Southern culture. Sid will take us back to some of their most cherished memories and traditions, the family meals they still think about, and their favorite places to eat on the ...
Manage episode 254390495 series 1523582
โดย Specialty Coffee Association และถูกค้นพบโดย Player FM และชุมชนของเรา -- ลิขสิทธิ์นี้เป็นของผู้เผยแพร่ ไม่ใช่ Player FM โดยมีการสตรีมเสียงโดยตรงจากเซิร์ฟเวอร์ผู้เผยแพร่ กดปุ่มติดตามเพื่อติดตามการอัพเดทใน Player FM หรือวาง URL ฟีดนี้ไปยังแอพพอดคาสท์อื่น
The SCA has a history of investigating the scientific principles of coffee, from chemistry to physics to agronomy and sensory perception; this research is then used to develop education, standards, and best practices. In today's lecture, learn about the science driven by the SCA's Research Center, with reports on projects and outputs of our research streams in sensory science, coffee extraction, coffee freshness, and more. Many of these projects are still ongoing, so this is a chance to get a sneak-peek of soon-to-be-published studies, including the first-ever update of the brewing control chart, and work that's just starting.
- Read the coffee freshness methods paper by Chahan Yeretzian and his team at ZHAW's Coffee Excellence Center
- Read the "warm-up" study for the UC Davis brewing control chart research on basket geometry in Food Science
- Read "Flat vs. Cone: Basket Shape is as Important as Grind Size in Drip Brew Coffee" in Issue 8 of 25
- Read "Less Strong, More Sweet" in Issue 11 of 25
- Read "Using Single Free Sorting and Multivariate Exploratory Methods to Design a New Coffee Taster's Flavor Wheel" in Food Science
- Learn about the International Multilocation Variety Trial, undertaken by World Coffee Research