Manage episode 274413368 series 1126786
Digestive health has been a priority trend for multiple years and is anticipated to keep evolving as scientific research expands and further uncovers solutions to help address consumer concerns. There are many factors that can affect our digestive health including family and genetic history, stress, and what we eat.
Tune in to this episode to learn about:
- The scientific definition of probiotics
- Probiotics in foods and beverages vs. supplements
- What is required/not required on food labels
- How do probiotics and live-and-active cultures differ/compare
- Probiotic strains and CFUs
- What is a fermented food/beverage and what are the potential benefits
- What are prebiotics and what to look for on food labels
- Can probiotics and prebiotics help with and/or cause gas and bloating
- Specific products to look for in the grocery store
Dr. Elieke Kearns is a Principal Nutrition Scientist at PepsiCo where she provides nutrition support for KeVita and PepsiCo’s innovation incubator which is focused on developing and accelerating growth of smaller, emerging brands.
This episode is sponsored by PepsiCo and we thank them for their sponsorship and support of the podcast.
Full shownotes and links to resources at www.SoundBitesRD.com/162