Manage episode 1051701 series 9176
- Why haven’t we had any women on this podcast?
- Is there anything wrong with Berkeley taking DNA samples from incoming undergraduates?
- And when Eric Schmidt makes the distinction between privacy and anonymity, is he making any sense?
We also manage to start a discussion about pornography on the internet and end up talking about the failure of consensus in the Senate. Try to guess how we get from point A to point B on that one.
Various links referenced in the episode:
- Paula Priesse on Facebook (“Conservative comedy spoofing a well-meaning, young, progressive, and utterly hapless American woman”)
- Is Facebook bigger than porn?
- Facebook Privacy Settings: Who Cares?
- WEIRD biased Psychology studies
- Where People Position the Parties
- Class and location-based web services