Smarter Destiny Podcast: Quick Proven Growth Tactics From Founders You Can Use ASAP - Subscribe Now!
#116 - Zack Teperman on the Importance of PR, Why You Should Be the Visible Face of Your Company and How to Start
Manage episode 290305657 series 2660013
Zack Teperman is the founder of ZTPR, a full-service public relations agency and four-time winner of the Hollywood PR Agency of Choice Award. After being an on-air radio disc jockey, Zack focused his expertise on public relations, helping lead many high-profile PR campaigns. Zack founded ZTPR to bring his expertise to each client he works with, helping them tell their story and get people’s attention. He also has been featured in Forbes and Entrepreneur magazine, and is regularly seen speaking on the topics of public relations and marketing on stages all around the world. Today we will be discussing what is PR, the importance of personal branding and why you should be the visible face of your company. Plus, Zack will give some actionable advice to get your PR side going.
- Bullet points
- 00:50 - Intro
- 02:49 - The start as an entrepreneur
- 04:40 - What is PR and how can it help from an ecommerce perspective
- 08:40 - &BAM
- 10:30 - Founding a PR agency: Finding angles + Networking
- 14:39 - Some actionable advice to get your PR side going
- 18:30 - Structuring your pitch
- 23:44 - A success story
- 29:46 - The importance of personal branding and what angles to leverage
- 33:34 - Why you should be the visible face of your company, and how to start
- 36:52 - Training with ZTPR
- 40:22 - Where to find out more about ZTPR
- 42:50 - Rapid fire question round
- 43:07 - If you ever had to start again, how would you make your money?
- 44:02 - What is the most common or biggest mistake that you see leaders making?
- 44:23 - Who is a great leader (alive or dead) and why?
- 46:06 - How do you hire top talent?
- 46:39 - How do you evaluate a good business deal?
- 46:58 - How do you identify a good business partner?
- 47:39 - What is one of your proudest moments?
- 48:02 - What is one interesting fact about you that not many people would know?
- 48:24 - What daily routines do you have (morning or evening) that have helped make you successful?
- 49:11 - What book (or books) changed your mindset or life?
- 50:08 - What is the most exciting question you spend your time thinking about?
- 50:48 - The future of Clubhouse
- 53:13 - What advice would you give your younger self?
- 54:44 - What was your biggest challenge starting in business and how did you overcome it?
- 55:47 - What unusual or underrated food or drink should more people try out?
- 56:46 - What makes you happiest?
- 58:23 - Any asks or requests for the audience?