Manage episode 275528876 series 177709
Whenever you make room for kindness your heart turns into poetry. - Dr. Michelle Robin
Linda Cohen has been a Kindness Catalyst for over 10 years. She is a professional speaker, presentation consultant and the author of 1,000 Mitzvahs: How Small Acts of Kindness Can Heal, Inspire and Change Your Life published in 2011 by Seal Press.
Linda presents to organizations and businesses on the Economy of Kindness. She is the past president of the National Speakers Association Oregon Chapter.
She loves practicing yoga and meditation and will never pass up a good cup of Earl Grey tea.
The sooner we become less impressed with our life, our accomplishments, our career, our relationships, the prospects in front of us and the more involved we are with these things, the sooner we get better at them. We must be more than just happy to be here. - Linda Cohen
Join Dr. Michelle and Linda as they talk about:
- How both the giver and the receiver benefit from acts of kindness.
- What inspired Linda to start her project, 1,000 Mitzvahs.
- The shift she’s seeing in giving and receiving and why it’s been easier for people to be the receiver during COVID-19 than before.
- Why acts of kindness first have to start with yourself before you are fully able to give to others.
- What lessons about kindness and life she has learned from her children.
- Why it’s so important to ask for help when you need it and in return offer support to those around you.
- How to be more empathetic towards people and their behavior because you never know what they’re going through.
Discover the three lessons of kindness Lind learned from 1,000 Mitzvahs:
- The size of the kindness act doesn’t necessarily matter.
- Giving and receiving: It’s easy to be the giver and sometimes harder to be the receiver.
- The ripple effect: A simple act of kindness can create a ripple effect in the community.
Learn about Linda’s 10 Ways To Cultivate Kindness including these specifically for 2020:
- Attend to your heart
- Voice your love
- Display your thanks
- Don’t let you imagination get hijacked
- Take only sips of social media
Mentioned In This Episode
- Linda Cohen
- 1,000 Mitzvahs: How Small Acts of Kindness Can Heal, Inspire and Change Your Life
- 10 Ways To Cultivate Kindness
- Loving Kindness Meditation
- Giving and Receiving
- Kindness Campaign
- Kindness Campaign Deck
- SCBS Ep. 241 – Mindy Corporon
- The Rabbit Effect by Kelli Harding MD MPH
- The War of Kindness by Jamil Zaki
- Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey
- Advent Health
- Ekchart Tolle
- SCBS Episode 258 – Sonia Choquette-Tully
- Channel Kindness: Stories of Kindness and Community by Lady Gaga
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. - Leo Buscaglia