Manage episode 300764583 series 2974292
Despite all we can learn online, sometimes the most impactful learning experiences happen in person. This was certainly the case for Sarah Cloes, founder of Flora Flora, a sustainable haircare brand, when she moved to Oahu, Hawaii for college. Growing up, Sarah knew that she was supposed to pick up trash and recycle to be good to the environment, but it wasn’t until she was exposed to excessive amounts of litter, bleached coral reefs, and pollution that it really opened her eyes.
Today, Sarah has made it her mission to make sustainability not only accessible but exciting. Flora Flora is an elevated sustainable haircare company aiming to rid the world of plastic bottles and give back to communities in a big way.
In this week’s episode, Sarah shares her story of becoming a sustainable business owner straight out of college. We talk about first-hand experiences with plastic pollution and climate change, communicating sustainable practices with others, pricing for eco-conscious products, and how the pandemic has impacted consumer decision-making and the sustainability movement overall.
Through chatting, we also realized that we have more than a few things in common! Sarah leaves us with her best advice for aspiring or new entrepreneurs. Tune in to hear us make some fun connections & our thoughts on where the future of sustainable business is heading.
Outline of the Episode:
- Introducing Sarah Cloes founder of Flora Flora ~ an elevated sustainable haircare company.
- Sarah’s story behind intentionally choosing to build a brand and business around sustainability.
- Moving across an ocean & the personal growth that comes with it.
- Climate change up close. What happens when we are exposed to the degradation of our planet firsthand?
- How to communicate heavy topics with others (family, friends, co-workers).
- Sustainable products and higher price tags. Why does this matter?
- How the global pandemic is contributing to climate change and our awareness of it.
- How Sarah got into entrepreneurship and started her sustainable haircare brand!
Connect with Sarah & Flora Flora:
Connect with Natalie!
Surf and Yoga Wellness Retreat Details: https://bit.ly/surfyogaretreat