Manage episode 335353473 series 2953118
Feeling comfortable in front of a camera and hosting live videos is a great skill to hone when running an online business, but it doesn't come naturally to many of us and it can take time to feel confident speaking to the camera.
My guest today is Karen Sargent who empowers coaches, course creators & service providers to get confident on camera, ditching imposter syndrome and fear of failure so they can show up for their audience.
What You'll Learn In This Episode:
- If you want to be going live but you’re terrified by the idea of it, Karen shares her top tips to structure what you want to say and how imagining yourself speaking to a friend can be a game-changer.
- How the aim for perfection kills connection when it comes to video and how to get comfortable just being yourself on camera, even when it all goes a bit wrong.
- Why speaking from memory is better than using a script and how to focus on connecting your audience rather than worrying about how you look or sound.
- Doing something new is always scary, but today Karen shows how you can start small and keep practising, recognising that the feeling of discomfort should be celebrated because it means you're growing.
- Visit my website www.lisajohnson.com
- Follow me on Instagram @lisajohnsonstrategist
- Follow me on Facebook @lisajohnsonstrategist
- Join the discussion at @thefabulous5percent
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Find all of Karen’s services at https://calmoncamera.com/