Manage episode 294068741 series 2924250
Welcome to Embroidery For Kids And Me, Getting Stitchy With It podcast, helping you and your children love embroidery bit by bit. Stick around for free tools and patterns, inspired by fairy tales, fables and the like.
What I Will Talk About
This process is super simple. This will also work for ages 5-7.
-First we will talk about your shopping list.
-Then we will talk about what kinds of images to sew.
-Lastly I will give you tips so you can teach your child to embroidery and have a great time doing it. I have a free printable shopping list and an image for you. Simply go to tutusandfairytales.com/list to download it.
- The first item you will need is burlap about 12 inches squared.
- The second is a needle with a large hole or eye, and blunt at the end. Metal or plastic will work.
- Third you will need a hoop. A 10 ½ “ in diameter hoop will do the job nicely.
- Fourth embroidery floss or thin yarn. I used yarn for my Benjamin. I used yarn. It's a great way to use up that leftover yarn!
- Fifth and last Scissors. Fabric scissors work much better than paper scissors.
Our sister podcast, Tales From Long Ago is available right here!