Manage episode 296406558 series 2922899
Episode 12 – The Leaking Sink Saga
This week on Let's Talk...Home Repair! Amy recalls a dripping sink mystery and repair saga. The story reminds us all that sometimes even professionals with the hands-on know-how can run into time-consuming issues.
Amy and Alicia reiterate the need for seasonal maintenance and give us a great list for the summertime:
1) Leaky faucet? Address it!
2) Check under all sinks for signs of a possible leak.
3) Clean your dryer vent using a vent cleaning brush. Amy recommends against using a cage-style exterior vent cover to prevent link from being trapped and becoming a fire hazard.
Listener questions this week:
1) If I want to purchase and provide the tile for a home remodel project, just how much do I need to buy? Is 10%-15% more than the project's square footage excessive? Alicia offers a personal anecdote that will curb your doubts.
2) How much tile is needed for a tub surround? Amy gives you the equation you're looking for.
3) How much prep is needed to install LVP (Luxury Vinyl Plank), and is it worth the extra work the re-level the floor?
Remember…if you have questions you’d like us to answer in an upcoming episode email us at firstname.lastname@example.org