Manage episode 293804832 series 2895986
1. The public hearings on the question of reparations in the case concerning Armed Activities on the Territory of the Congo concluded on the 30th April. The International Court of Justice has begun its deliberation in the case.
2. ICC Prosecutor Fatou Bensouda presented the Office’s 21st report on the Situation in Libya to the UN Security Council. She outlined the work of the team from the ICC in Libya over the past year, focusing in particular on evidence of serious crimes committed in detention facilities.
3. On the 25 of May, 2021, the confirmation of charges hearing in the case of The Prosecutor v Ali Kushayb concluded before Pre-Trial Chamber II of the ICC. In accordance with the Regulations of the Court, the Pre-Trial Chamber will deliver its written decision within 60 days.
4. In light of the escalation of violence in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, as well as in and around Gaza, the ICC also voiced concern about the possible commission of war crimes.
5. Opinio Juris has opened a call for applications for an unpaid Editorial Assistant Position with the blog. Applicants are required to send their CVs and a short letter of motivation to the team by no later than the 7th of June, 2021. More details are present on the blog’s webpage.