Manage episode 294582740 series 2864298
Welcome to my Summer Replay Series! I'm rerunning a series that first aired in Feb-March 2020 on Abiding in Christ (John 15). In EP108 I introduced you to the series If you haven't listened to that episode yet, do that first! Today I will introduce you to the Cast of Characters and the 5 Branches, but we will discuss in detail the branch in Christ that does not bear fruit. What is it? How does it get that way? What happens to it?
Cast of Characters:
1. Jesus is the Vine
2 The Father is the Vinedresser/Gardener
3. We are the Branches
- Branch in Christ that does not bear fruit
- Branch in Christ that bears fruit
- Branch in Christ that bears more fruit
- Branch in Christ that bears much fruit
- Branch not in Christ
What does the Vinedresser do to the branch in Christ that does not bear fruit? He picks it up, cleans it off, and ties it up on a trellis or a fence
- for air circulation
- for exposure to sun
- for full access
Why does a branch not produce fruit?
- Not connected to the Vine--we will talk about this one in a later episode
- Young branch--The Father just lets you grow (The parable in Luke 13:5-9)
- Disease or mites--The Father will try to remove the disease (sin) from you through discipline. See Deut 8:5, Hebrews 12, Rom 8:28
- Improper pruning--we will talk about this one in EP63
NOT ALL PAIN IS DISCIPLINE! Sometimes pain and suffering is because of someone else's sin! Abuse is NEVER discipline.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
My blog: thescooponbalance.com
Follow me on Pinterest
I am no longer active on social media.